Reporting directly to the Service Manager, the Telephony Technician will be responsible for installing and maintaining business telephone systems. As a member of the service department, the Telephony Technician will perform maintenance on digital, on-premises, and cloud-hosted phone systems, troubleshoot carrier problems, identify hardware and software problems, and work with manufacturers to resolve problems.
The Telephony Technician should be familiar with all aspects of telephony, including remote programming, testing equipment, backup files, and have the skill set necessary to interface with POE switches and IP addresses. Great customer relationship skills are essential.
- Installing and maintaining digital and IP telephone systems
- Work within customer relations management software
- Maintain client records, work orders, requisitions and equipment, and maintain an inventory of all required equipment and parts
- Prepare service orders, document repair history, prepare and maintain daily records of work performed, and submit reports as requested
- Communicate with dispatchers and other techs to manage open calls efficiently
- Maintain a clean work area at all times
- Work from sketches, plans, drawings, and specifications on the layout of electronic and mechanical systems; assist in the preparation of specifications for electronic systems and equipment.
- Perform other job-related duties as required or assigned.
- 3 years of telephony experience required
- Fluent in cloud-based phone systems and all VoIP related products
- Experience with running/terminating telephone and network cables in existing and new construction buildings with a working knowledge of the tools required
- Must be proficient with various forms of technology (i.e. Windows computer, tablet, and smartphone), and be able to utilize these devices in the office and on job sites
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- Must have a positive “Can Do” Attitude. The successful candidate must demonstrate an energetic positive attitude that is willing to learn, roll up their sleeves, and take the initiative to get work done.
- Must have a working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Must be able to work independently or on a team at locations in and around the Savannah area
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and find effective solutions
- Familiar with industry standards for safety codes
- Experience working in commercial environments and construction sites
- Ability to troubleshoot in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to bend and lift up 60 lbs. as needed
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- At least 21 years of age
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean, current DMV record
Established in 1984, Speros provides technology solutions for businesses, offering telephone systems, IT services, surveillance systems, web design and branding solutions, and cloud computing. Speros team members continually stay updated on leading edge, certified technologies to maximize solutions and ensure businesses succeed in this fast-paced, technology-driven world.