Due to the threat of the coronavirus (COVID-19), many companies will be deciding to either work remotely or stay in their offices.
Speros has been serving the technology needs of Savannah’s businesses since 1984. Today, businesses are facing a huge dilemma, stay put in their office environment or work remotely.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) has placed employee health and safety concerns front and center.
The following technology tips will help to guide you and prepare your office for working remotely.
- Cloud computing has become more popular due to the fact employees can work securely and remotely. Speros Cloud customers should have no fear. They are fully remote, secure, and able to access their data.
- Server-based clients must first consider security. Virtual Private Networking may be set up for remote users. The remote users should have laptops set up with anti-virus software and SSL-VPN security through their firewall.
- The perfect scenario for users of Hosted Voice Over Internet Protocol would be to simply unplug their telephones and take it home. The only downside to this option is Hosted VOIP Telephones require a power source. In an office environment, these Hosted VOIP Systems get their power from a Power Over Ethernet switch. Remote operation requires an external power supply.
- Premise-Based ID and Digital Telephone Systems are a little more complex. The easiest solution for all Premise-Based Systems is to forward the main telephone number to a cellular user. All Direct-In Dial numbers will continue to operate as usual; we suggest changing individual voice mail messages regarding leaving messages.
- Ransomware and phishing are a big threat to today’s businesses. During this pandemic, hackers will be looking for systems that are vulnerable, especially remote users without the proper anti-virus software and security through remote Virtual Private Networks. Please check with our professionals to make sure your company data and your remote users are fully protected.
Please feel free to call Speros for advice on how to protect your company’s data.
As always, thank you for your continued trust in Speros. Together, we will all stay strong, secure, and healthy.